Adhesives like glue, stickers and duct tape can damage the car’s natural paint and beauty and it’s pretty tough to remove them off the surface.
Car owner’s often ask “How to Remove Adhesive from Car” without damaging the paint.
Though I often hate those political support stickers but many people also put them as a symbol of showing support for something, for example, dog breed, proud parent, etc.
The real struggle is removing them.
Unless, it is a very old sticker or any other adhesive, it is usually as easy to remove them as putting them on.
So, let’s not beat around “sticker” and learn how to remove them.
1: Heating the Sticker or Glue
This one always works perfectly. Here is what you have to do:
- Firstly, clean the area with soap and water. Use a damp cloth to get rid of the remaining moisture.
- Now, use hairdryer and warm the glue. Keep it there for a moment. This will make the glue more pliable and pretty easy to remove without causing any damage to the pain.
- Now using a plastic card or a thin carboard piece to peel off the sticks and its remains.
- Also, use a tree sap to remove any further glue. It helps to dissolve the remaining glue without causing any damage to the car’s paint.
2: Using Soap to Remove Sticker from Car’s Upholstery
If you’ve used any sticker to add detailing to the inside of the car, glue can often stick on the seat. Here is what you need to do:
Note: This is only effective if done ASAP.
- Take a plastic card and scrape off the glue or sticker from the seat or upholstery.
- Now apply soap on the remaining sticker or glue and let it sit there for a minute or two.
- Using a damp cloth, gently wipe the remains.
- If it is an epoxy or super glue, there are chances it may not peel off the fabric of upholstery with soap and water. Try using nail polish remover to loosen the glue.
- Always wash the spot again afterwards to prevent any damage.
What to do After Removing the Sticker?
Once the sticker has been removed, it’s up to you do re-wax that area. Usually, this isn’t required but if the sticker was too tough and took some serious efforts to peel off, it may leave some unpleasant spots that are still visible. Re-waxing helps to get rid of such spots.